poetry, photography, etc.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Another Golden Hour

I went out for some more practice with the golden hour, this time to Pioneer's Park. WOW there were a lot of other photographers there. It was the complete opposite of my evening at Oak Lake. At the lake I was totally alone. There was the occasional car coming down the road nearby, but I had the island completely to myself. At Pioneer's, there was a pro photographer ever couple of feet and they all had way bigger cameras than me! Now I know bigger isn't automatically better, but it was still super intimidating. And to make it worse, I appeared to be the only one shooting the scenery--the rest of them had models/clients, and were probably making bank for their trouble.

Anyways, the result of the crowd was that I waited a while to really get started, since I couldn't find many spots that weren't full of people who I assume were watching, judging, and cursing me. So a lot of these shots were taken later on in the evening and are darker. It was a bit of a different experience.





here's the whole album on picasa:



The Golden Hour - October 23, 2011

9 comments:

  1. You did such a great job! Very inspiring!

    Wida
    Missing Amsie Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing photos...thanks for joining my giveaway...i really hope you follow me because i don't see you on my follers. :D

    thanks alot

    www.thechicstyler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you take amazing photo's well done
    I am your newest follower hope to see you on my list too!

    much love
    aimee

    http://coffeelondonaimee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. so much peace in those pictures..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing pictures!!!

    follow me :)
    www.amazinglybe-au-tiful.blogspot.com

    xox,
    Isa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I call this hour magic hour ;)

    ReplyDelete