poetry, photography, etc.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Everything I Own

I'm starting a project I'm calling "Everything I Own." Basically I'm photographing everything I own. Every item that is a part of my life is going to get its own photograph. I expect it to be great practice. I've learned a lot in the few days since I've started. I'm starting with small things that I can photograph on a seamless background, because that's something I've always wanted to try. The first day, I was using just a piece of poster board taped to the wall. Yesterday I made a lightbox, which has helped me soften the shadows a lot, especially after I figured out how to position my flash for maximum bounce in the box.

I was originally going to make it a set on Flickr, but of course I don't have a Flickr Pro account. That's something I will have to get if I'm going to start making money with this photography stuff, but I can't afford it right now. In the meantime, I've got them all on Picasa, and I have to say, I like me some Picasa.

I'll post some of my favorite shots on the blog a little later on, but until then, here's the Picasa album.


Everything I Own

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea and the shoes :)
    Have a look at my blog and if you like it then why dont we follow each other :)
    Have a nice day ♥
    x

    ReplyDelete